Wednesday, December 2, 2009

truth and food

Years ago, I saw a program on TV about how dozens of frozen food packages will be gone through to find just the right contents to photograph for the box. Something about truth in advertising - even though the majority of these meals won't look like the one on the box, at least what is photographed will have actually been found in one of the packages. Although not ideally representative of the average frozen meal, I think it's fantastic to be held to this standard, so as to prevent any indiscretions or dishonesty - I mean, imagine how elaborate the pictures of the meals would look if there were no such rules in place.

Which brings me to fast-food commercials. Somehow I get the idea that there are no such standards. Really now, when was the last time any of us got a burger or what-not that was fast-food and it looked anything like what we saw in the commercial? I'm not saying that the food doesn't hit the spot or taste good or anything like that, but it hardly ever looks as good as it does in an ad or commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment