Wednesday, December 23, 2009

famous brother

When I'm channel surfing, I often like to check what's playing on the Music Choice channels. Among the wide variety of music styles offered are: Jazz, Blues, Solid Gold Oldies, Adult Alternative, and Reggae. The first channel I usually go to is the one devoted to the '70s. I remember back when '70s music was derided, but now for me it's what feels the most comfortable.

I've got the '70s channel on right now, and the act that was just playing is England Dan and John Ford Coley. For those familiar with the country singer Dan Seals, he's the same guy as England Dan. But the first bit of trivia that I think of is that he was the younger brother of Jim Seals of the pop duo Seals and Crofts.

As I was typing this, I made a quick visit to Wikipedia and found out that Dan passed away earlier this year from cancer. There is more interesting information about England Dan and John Ford Coley here. R.I.P. Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment