Saturday, December 26, 2009

skull cap

Today I was in a store that had a monitor over one of the aisles for customers to be able to view themselves as they shopped. Unlike most of them, this one allowed me to view myself looking down at the back of my head, and was it ever disconcerting. I've watched my hairline receding over the years from the front and never really knew how bad it was looking from the back. It's awful! I've got a shrinking tuft of hair right on the top of my head encircled by a ring of baldness, surrounded by the hair on the sides of my head. It reminded me of some of those extreme hairdos seen in samurai movies. What to do?

It's been years since anyone got a good look at U2 guitarist The Edge's hairline because of the skull cap he wears. Not only do I suppose that he and I share a similar male pattern baldness, but maybe one of my best options is to start wearing a skull cap too. As it is, I've been shaving my head pretty close to the scalp for years to minimize the contrast between (what's left of my) black hair and my skin. Short of shaving my head completely bald, maybe going skull cap is the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment