Friday, December 4, 2009

an idea for Ford Motor Company

I've enjoyed reading how Ford Motor Company has been earning better and better reviews for its vehicles. Although it's difficult to ascertain quite what "buying American" is anymore, I am happy to see an American nameplate test so well just the same.

So now I'd like to make a suggestion to Ford: make an adjustment to your Ford nameplate, the one that is seen on your vehicles. Personally, I find the logos for most of your competitors to be much more understated and elegant. I believe that if Ford were to redesign its logo in a similar fashion, it would impress upon the consumer an elevation in class and style.

And I'm not even suggesting that the current script styling of the word "Ford" be changed. My suggestion is to change to a chrome nameplate with the name "Ford" inscribed in it. You see, it's the current blue with white lettering of the current logo that I believe could most use the updating. Personally, I find that having a silver logo better complements whichever color is desired for the vehicle itself, whereas a blue oval
with white lettering doesn't.

Maybe it's time to upgrade the image and visual impact of your brand, especially now that your company's products are rating as well as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment