Wednesday, September 7, 2011

interchangeable exteriors and interiors


Here's something I've wondered for a long while: why not take the coolest looking car exteriors from years ago and simply put into them the most modern and efficient interiors? For example, I think the best looking cars were from the 1960's... the Barracuda first comes to mind. Yes, I would say as a class of cars, the muscle cars of the 60's (and early 70's) are the most awesome and rad to look at.

But being muscle cars and not exactly designed to get the most mileage nor the best safety and crash test results, they are outdated to modern concerns and needs. It would seem to me that it wouldn't be impossible to outfit new cars with the best that modern technology has to offer, even including hybrid technology, yet keeping the awesome exteriors of yesteryear. Of course, it's not as simple as snapping an outer shell on and off like a toy slot car, although wouldn't that be neat?

I realize the materials used in modern car manufacturing are different and that would play a big role, as well as other complications that I'm not aware of, but it still sounds good to me. As you can tell, as far as I'm concerned, how fast a car goes or how it sounds (like a muscle car) isn't as important as how it looks. Actually, I'm not all that interested in driving period - it's all about the looks! Er, as long as they're aerodynamic and not shaped like boxes, if you've been reading my recent blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment