Sunday, September 4, 2011

easy to read

I am on Twitter to help me keep up with my favorite sports teams, primarily the 49ers. I follow a dozen or so people right now. Besides their respective abilities to keep up with the latest news and information, aka getting the 'scoops,' one of the things that makes one person's blog more appealing than that of another is the typestyle that is used and how large it is. I am very responsive to the visual appeal of one layout over another and how easy it is to read for aging eyes like mine.

For example, I used to find Matt Maiocco's online articles more appealing when he wrote for the Santa Rosa Press Democrat than now where he writes for CSN Bay Area. The Press Democrat's website is less busy looking and simply more attractive. The typestyle is larger and makes current writer Grant Cohn's pieces look even better. I enjoy seeing what he has to say as it is, and his articles are easy on the eyes too.

Presentation matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment