Thursday, September 22, 2011

in a galaxy far, far away...

Here's a story I sometimes reflect on when I'm living in the past:

I wrote about this woman awhile ago; actually she was a student back at my high school, in the graduating class a year behind mine. She was a gorgeous sex-symbol type that I wasn't alone in thinking should have been a Playboy Playmate. So hot, it was pure folly for me even to think about having a crush on her. Naturally, I never met her, but I sure noticed her.

In a classic case of 'birds of a feather flock together,' at school she frequently walked around with another one of the school's hotties, a girl whose blonde hair complemented her own brunette hair. They just needed a third girl to complete their own set of Charlie's Angels.

After school, I would often find myself in the high school parking lot, hoping to get a ride either from my older brother who participated in track and thus might not be able to accommodate me or an acquaintance who would often be able to. In any case, I can remember standing there and looking for these two girls heading out to the blonde girl's light eggplant-colored Carmen Ghia and watching as they exited the parking lot heading off to what must have been another universe. To me, it was truly the 'unknown universe.'

No comments:

Post a Comment