Wednesday, September 30, 2009

more Reivers

If you clicked on the link to The Reivers in my last entry, you might have been thrown off by all of the Zeitgeist references. They're one and the same! The thing is, they had to change their name because another group had the name Zeitgeist first, hence The Reivers. I remember when I first learned about them, I decided to check out their albums at the local record store and found a sticker saying formerly known as Zeitgeist stuck on each of them. Eh, I bought an album anyway and next thing I knew, I had a new band to count among my favorites!

When I first got online many years ago, one of the first things I typed into a search engine was 'the Reivers' just to see what was out there, and lo and behold, a new website dedicated to them had just been created:
The Reivers

And here is a link to a video they made:
The Reivers - In Your Eyes

Exciting for us Reivers fans is they have more or less gotten back together, this time with an additional member and a new name, Right or Happy. Here is a link to a performance I just found posted on YouTube:
Right or Happy (live at SxSW)

No comments:

Post a Comment