Saturday, September 4, 2010

the lovely lads

I'm a Giants fan, not the Dodgers. Kind of besides the point though. Another name I have for the Dodgers is 'the lovely lads.' Why, you ask? Well, it started ever since the Anaheim Angels (formerly the California Angels, of course) became the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (the The Angels Angels of Anaheim?).

Whereas the Los Angeles Dodgers were previously abbreviated as 'LA' and the Anaheim Angels as 'ANA' (as I recall) whenever scores were shown and the like, now they're abbreviated as 'LAD' and 'LAA,' respectively.

Okay. So now I have to mention the great movie/mock rock documentary 'This Is Spinal Tap.' If you're familiar with it, you might remember that the name of one of the band member's earlier bands was 'The Lovely Lads.'

And so that's it. To me, the Dodgers are The Lovely Lads. And the Angels are the The Angels Angels.

No comments:

Post a Comment