Thursday, September 9, 2010

a boy named Sue

I don't really cook... I'm not a cook... but I sure like watching television. Among the shows I regularly watch are the reality TV cooking competitions, such as 'The Next Food Network Star' and 'Top Chef.' Some of you may remember an old song by Johnny Cash called 'A Boy Named Sue.' Personally, I have no idea what it sounded like but the title has stuck in my mind.

Putting the two things together [the song and the cooking shows], I came up with:

'A chef named Sue.' Get it?

Sue Chef.


Still don't get it? Sous chef, right? ha ha... ha...

********

Didn't like that one, did you? Okay, here's something else along those lines you might like better. Years ago (as in high school age), my brother and his friends would go to a diner and if the name of the waitress was Patty, one of them would order like this: "I'll have a melt... Patty." I wish I could have been there!

No comments:

Post a Comment