Saturday, May 8, 2010

forks and chopsticks

Ever since I was a little kid, I've preferred using forks. Even when my father would take us out to Chinatown, I was the only one in my family that would request a fork; I don't recall any of my siblings doing so. It was perfectly okay with my parents - hey, I was the baby of the family!

When I was in college, our class took a field trip down to the Los Angeles area to visit different buildings and styles of architecture. While down there, a bunch of us decided to have Chinese food for lunch. As usual, I requested and ate with a fork. And looking around me, I realized that I was the only Asian (American of Asian ancestry, that is) among a table of Caucasian classmates, each of them using chopsticks.

Another note: I'm the only person I know that doesn't like lap-cheong, or Chinese sausage. Yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment