Tuesday, August 21, 2012

hunters and collectors

Wait a minute... did I really write about a song by Adele in my last post? No worries, I've written about my enjoyment of music by the Carpenters, John Denver, certainly ABBA, etc. in the past. 

Still, today, I just may be upping my cool quotient a little bit. Or not. Depends on what you like and think is cool. Anyway, here are a couple of links to videos on YouTube that I recently discovered. To the very same song. 

The first is performed by Neil Finn, of Crowded House and Split Enz fame. If you are a fan of Crowded House, you may know that the bass player's name is Nick Seymour. Well, he has a brother, Mark, who fronted an Australian band called Hunters and Collectors. Mark wrote a song that is quite fantastic: 

Throw Your Arms Around Me (M. Seymour) - performed by Neil Finn 

And here is another version:

Throw Your Arms Around Me - performed by Eddie Vedder and Mark Seymour 

No comments:

Post a Comment