Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Washington's baseball team

Yesterday morning, the guys on the radio called the Washington Nationals baseball team 'the Nats' - abbreviating their name as people so often like to do with words. Okay, I knew the context of their conversation, so I knew which team they were referring to. But as I laid in bed, I started picturing not 'the Nats' but... 'the Gnats' instead. And considering that later that day, the Nationals ended up taking three out of four games against my Giants, calling them the Gnats seems all the more appropriate.

So with them being the Gnats in my mind starting yesterday morning, I pictured what a good logo would look like... unfortunately, I can't draw but it's along the lines of what the New Orleans Hornets logo looks like:

And then given that Washington baseball teams in the past were known as the Senators, I then pictured these gnats dressed up formally as one might imagine a Senator would dress, in a suit and tie, as a member of our Legislature. Then give it a prop like a baseball glove or a bat, and there you go!

Who knows, maybe Washington Nationals fans already have their choice of t-shirts that playfully show their Gnats in such a get-up. It's fun to imagine, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment