Saturday, May 21, 2011

my happy place is in... Croatia?

Have you heard of that meditative exercise of going to your 'happy place' whenever you feel stressed or otherwise need to get away from reality? There was a link on Yahoo! recently that pointed readers towards the most beautiful places on Earth and I was swept away by a place called Plitvice Lakes National Park in Croatia.

From the very first photograph, I was reminded of my idea of what paradise must look like, the kind of visuals that I've tried imagining in the past. A place like this actually exists! Of course, in my mind at least, I would add to it: magically natural lighting for the nights; water temperatures to suit whatever mood I'm; and hummingbirds, lots and lots of hummingbirds. Plus I can fly, swim like a dolphin - I could go on, but you should take a look and maybe dream of your own world!

Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia

No comments:

Post a Comment