Tuesday, May 17, 2011

warriors and generals

The Los Angeles Lakers made a fairly early exit in this year's NBA playoffs and thus aren't going to repeat as champions three years running ("Oh no, the sky is falling!"). It reminds me of an ex co-worker of mine that practically lived and died with how the Lakers did. And here I am, a Warriors fan. In my lifetime, there was that one time, back in 1975...

So as I laid in bed the other morning, it occurred to me how the Lakers are like the Harlem Globetrotters and consequently the Warriors are like their perpetual patsies, the Washington Generals.

I've got a very handsome looking Warriors T-shirt that I recently received from a cousin. I love wearing it around, and yet I'm beginning to wonder how it's almost like proudly walking around wearing a Washington Generals t-shirt. "Yeah, Go Generals!" I might as well be shouting as I shake my fist high up in the air.

"Go Warriors!"

No comments:

Post a Comment