Tuesday, December 7, 2010

football playing patriots

A couple of observations:

First, isn't the name Tedy Bruschi a perfect name? I can imagine that back when he was in college, people would say, "Hey, the party doesn't start until Brewski gets here!" Right? From what I've heard, that's how it's pronounced - like slang for beer. And the name Tedy sounds friendly, like a Teddy bear or something.

Second, actually it's not so much an observation but a memory. Several years ago, I was in Redwood City, eating at an Applebee's (I think). Redwood City is down the peninsula from San Francisco, what I would imagine to be 49er territory. It was once the location for their training camp. So, yes, firmly what should be a 49er fan base. Yet there I was eating at Applebee's in Redwood City and what do I see on the walls? Some sort of tribute to Tom Brady. Framed photographs taking up more and more wall space all dedicated to Tom Brady. Yes, he could and should have been drafted by the 49ers but why pay tribute to him? Then I finally remembered... he's from nearby San Mateo. Okay, okay, fine - go ahead and honor him. But that still doesn't make him a Niner. Mr. Even-Better-Than-Montana. After last night's game against the Jets, that's what people are saying. Blech.

No comments:

Post a Comment