Tuesday, August 24, 2010

preseason game - Vikings vs. 49ers

Winning is always a good feeling, and yet I have to tell myself that it's just a preseason game. What's most important is that the coaching staff and players learned as much as possible to best prepare for when the regular season starts. By the way, yes, the 49ers won!

Some people feel that preseason games are a big bore after the 1st-string players leave the game. As a fan, and especially a fan during modern times and the Internet (from which I can constantly be updated about the team and the players), I enjoy watching the game from beginning to end... I want to see everyone play and root for them to play well. I want them all to do well enough to make the team, and it is such a shame when some don't make the cut. Teams will have to pare their rosters down to 75 players soon, and all the way to 53 by the time the season starts. Some will still remain by being assigned(?) to the practice squad, and others will be let go entirely. If they don't attach themselves to other teams, then their dreams will have to wait, if that.

The next opponent? The Oakland Raiders! My 2nd favorite Bay Area football team. And both the 49ers and Raiders are undefeated so far this preseason, which doesn't amount to a hill of beans. But it will be fun to watch anyway. This Saturday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment