Saturday, July 10, 2010

the newest Warrior David Lee

Last night, I watched an interview done by the local cable sports station with newly acquired Warrior David Lee. I must say, I am very impressed by his enthusiasm and attitude for playing for Golden State! As much as the Warriors have been suffering through hard times in recent, ahem, decades, it's so nice to see such optimism - the same kind of optimism that I have each year for the team.

As is usual, you can't get something for nothing, and the Warriors had to give up three popular players (Kelenna Azubuike, Anthony Randolph, and Ronny Turiaf) plus a second-round 2012 draft pick to get him. A high price to pay, but Lee was one of the most prized free agents in this year's offseason.

With the high-level of uncertainty surrounding the Warriors right now with their impending sale, it is nice to have something to look forward to for the next season. I have been reading some of the fan comments being posted online and for now, the majority of opinions aren't thrilled about the trade; as is my way, though, I will put my trust into the decisions made by the team and think positive thoughts. And that is made that much easier by the absolute positivity displayed by Mr. Lee in the interviews I've seen. It really is contagious!

P.S. - And although unlikely, hmmm, Lee... Lee... I wonder if he is related to Clyde Lee, who played for the Warriors many years ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment