Monday, November 4, 2013

Garbage: Only Happy When It Rains (live)

I've been listening to a bunch of Garbage lately... 

... isn't that the greatest name for a band? 

Almost 20 years after they formed and here I am getting such a kick out of their name. 

I imagine saddling up to a hot girl at a bar and saying: 

"Do you like Garbage? I love Garbage! Are you into Garbage?" 

As she recoils in disgust, I can follow up with: 

"The band Garbage. What did you think I was talking about?" 

Or else, I can go up to a cute redhead and say:

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like Garbage? Looking at you reminds me of Garbage." 


Again, she frowns at me and starts getting mad when I say, "Yeah, you remind me of Shirley Manson, the lead singer of Garbage." 

Ha! 

Okay, anyway, if I were to introduce someone who has never heard of Garbage to their music, I might start them off with this performance: 



I can't take my eyes off of Shirley from the time she shields her eyes from the sun and then smiles as the song starts to the very end. 


No comments:

Post a Comment