Friday, July 13, 2012

same day, same year

One of my early entries to this blog mentions how I like to clue into birthdays. Well, actually I think I went into famous people who shared my birthday. Still, I am rather intrigued by birthdays in general. For example, I find it interesting that both football great Jim Brown and basketball legend Michael Jordan have the same birthday, February 17. They're each widely regarded as being the best ever to play in their respective sports.

Today is the birthday of both actor Harrison Ford and musician Roger McGuinn. What makes it even more interesting is they were born the same year. I enjoy looking back to that day and thinking how they both began their lives at the same time. I'd be curious to find out the parallels between them. I even wonder how they would get along with each other; have they ever met? 

Roger strikes me as being a little more cheerful and easy-going, whereas Harrison seems a little more complicated and maybe even a little more grumpy. Regardless, they both have reached stratospheric heights in their careers. And for those too young to immediately know who the heck Roger McGuinn is, he is most famous for once being in the seminal rock band The Byrds. He sang most of the lead vocals and played the Rickenbacker 12-string guitar and often wore those little rectangular shades. 

No comments:

Post a Comment