Sunday, July 8, 2012

oh deer

I've been missing entries to this blog, I know. The last time I wrote one out, it was entitled 'Giant perfecto' in reflection of Giants pitcher Matt Cain's perfect game, but I had trouble getting it to 'take' in Blogger. In any case, (belated) Congratulations Matt! 

And then I was going to comment on the All-Star game selections of several Giants players; it's not like winning the popular vote is anything new. Get over it, people! I've been watching multiple players from other teams get voted in for years, so now it's the Giants' turn. Though I have been in favor of having people other than the fans decide on the starters for awhile now. Or limiting how many votes each fan gets. Or something. 

And then for today's blog entry subject, I'd just like to mention that tonight on the way back from a family visit (it was after 11 p.m.), my sister and I saw four deer walking around the neighborhood. I barely saw them ahead of me with my regular headlight beams, so I turned on my brights and was able to see what they were. They're such sweet, elegant, and beautiful animals. Even though they don't have to worry about being attacked by mountain lions in my neighborhood, I do worry about them getting hit by cars. And yes, I do realize that for many people, they are pest animals that ruin gardens ... but I don't feel that way. They're so lovely! 

No comments:

Post a Comment