Saturday, May 12, 2012

I've been phished!

Just this morning I got an email, purportedly from Amazon. It let me know that an order of mine had been successfully canceled. Well, I never placed a recent order on Amazon, and certainly not for the item the email said had been canceled. Furthermore, it said I had placed the order this morning, and I had just started up my computer for the first time this morning!

I instinctively ran my mouse over the links and they showed addresses that had nothing to do with Amazon. So I then logged into my account on Amazon and found no activity whatsoever, which is as it should have been. I clicked further, onto Amazon's 'Help' link, and lo and behold, they have a bright box that asks: "Unexpected E-mail from Amazon?" 

Bottom line: It's a scam! Don't click on any links! Delete it! It's not even necessary to report, but I did anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment