Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Italian food

Time for a food thought of the day. Actually, I've had this in mind for awhile:

An appetizer of bread with butter and/or a dipping sauce. 

An entree of cannelloni.

And cannoli for dessert.

Wouldn't this be a fantastic meal? I've always loved cannelloni, one of my favorite pasta dishes along with the shell-shaped ones, and then it seems only fitting to have another similarly shaped dish for dessert. I'm actually not all that familiar with cannoli (okay, okay, according to Wikipedia they are actually Sicilian), except for a famous line in 'The Godfather': "Leave the gun... take the cannoli" but they look delectable. 

******** 

And then, taking a different route with dishes that somehow don't seem to have much in common: 

An appetizer of bread with butter and/or a dipping sauce. 

Pizza.

And tiramisu for dessert.

How great does that sound? Of course, I usually stuff myself so much with pizza, I rarely leave any room for dessert, but I think tiramisu would be worth making room for. Doesn't tiramisu sound like a Japanese word? That always threw me off.

Anyway, something to look for and look forward to the next time I go to an Italian restaurant. 

No comments:

Post a Comment