Thursday, July 21, 2011

voices

I've been stuck listening to my own voice lately... my current aspiration is to become a Personal Historian - recording people's memories and writing them into a narrative for posterity's sake - and in listening and transcribing my first interview with a helpful cousin, I had to listen to me talking in addition to her. I realize that I'm not the first to say this, but I don't like the sound of my voice!

It's always surprising to me which other people don't like listening to their voices; two recent celebrities that I've learned feel this way are actress Charlize Theron and R.E.M. guitarist Peter Buck. I think Charlize's voice sounds intelligent and sexy and there is nothing wrong with Peter's voice. They have no reason not to like their voices!

But mine, on the other hand...

No comments:

Post a Comment