Monday, June 20, 2011

basketball draft

The NBA draft is this Thursday and although I'm not nearly as excited about this draft compared to the NFL draft, I am looking forward to it. After all, there have been some awfully important hires lately, particularly in Jerry West and new head coach Mark Jackson. The new ownership has been making big, decisive changes to the team and I can't help but look forward to big improvements.

To my knowledge, the NBA draft only goes for two rounds; I don't know if it's always been this way or for how long. As opposed to the NFL draft which lasts seven rounds (way, way down from years ago where it lasted more than ten rounds), and the MLB draft, which I hardly follow at all - draftees head to the minors first in a process that is completely different than for basketball and football. Anyway, the Warriors as it stands have the eleventh pick in the first round going in and I've only read about a handful of possibilities that are likely to be chosen. Hey, they all sound good to me. The difference this year is I expect the decision to be more spot-on than in previous years, precisely because of the new ownership and management team.

And as usual, only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment