Thursday, February 17, 2011

excellent ice cream floats

I've rarely used this blog to promote products (I've mentioned before that the hummingbirds around my house prefer C & H granulated sugar in their nectar mix), and the weather is a bit too cold to be talking ice cream floats, but why not... while it's on my mind?

Trader Joe's has a couple of bottled drinks that go perfectly with vanilla ice cream: Clementine Sparkler and Sparkling Blueberry Juice. Yes, even better than root beer... seriously! They're not quite as carbonated and are simply delicious. They're good without ice cream too of course, but I for one love them as floats. They have other flavors (apple and pomegranate) that I'll have to try with ice cream too.

Also, while I'm thinking about it, ice cream that is, an excellent flavor for the hot summer months is lemon chiffon. It's the perfect flavor and smoothness for when it's hot. I'm anticipating trying the combination of lemon chiffon ice cream mixed with Sparkling Blueberry Juice. Sounds good, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment