Friday, January 7, 2011

Dance of Joy!!!

Well, the 49ers landed their big fish - Jim Harbaugh has just been announced as their new Head Coach... Whew!

Things were getting scary there for awhile with stories going every which way. No one was really sure just what to report, so everything was being reported: the 49ers are out and Miami is in; Elway and the Broncos are scheduling an interview; the 49ers are moving on to their second and third choices; Harbaugh is considering remaining at Stanford; etc. Having gotten hyped up with all the talk about getting Harbaugh as new head coach of the Niners, that's who I wanted and now he's signing his contract this afternoon!

Now that he's the guy, I can say that I'm okay with how it was handled. I actually liked how he had the media running around not knowing what was going on. They got played - which is what I look forward to happening to opposing defenses in years to come: running around not knowing what's going on. I am SO excited about this.

I love his history and ties to the Bill Walsh legacy, I love his offensive savvy, I love the prospect of looking forward to his twice-a-year facedowns with Pete Carroll and the Seattle Seahawks, just off the top of my mind. And his decision makes sense to me - why uproot his family and move out of the beautiful Bay Area and relocate across the country? This is the most excitement I've felt for the team since their last appearance in the playoffs. Mad props to Jed York, Trent Baalke, and the 49ers organization for getting this done.

And now cousin Balki and cousin Larry are doing the 'Dance of Joy!'

No comments:

Post a Comment