Thursday, January 27, 2011

Billie Jean Moffitt

Okay, you're probably wondering - "Who's Billie Jean Moffitt?"

Back in the day, and if you're a long-time fan of the San Francisco Giants you'll remember him, there was a pitcher on the Giants named Randy Moffitt. I was just a kid when he was on the team, but I remember him being a relief pitcher. In fact, I can still picture how he looked from one of my baseball cards. Well, he had a sister named Billie Jean.

Exciting, isn't it?

Well, there's more... living here in the Bay Area, I recall how my family would drive past these particular apartments near Emeryville and someone would invariably say that Billie Jean lives there. Just a little something that caught my imagination at the time.

Oh, wait a minute, this story is only interesting because Billie Jean Moffitt is better known as Billie Jean King. Pretty neat, huh? Impressive that they both achieved such high levels in their respective sports.

No comments:

Post a Comment