Tuesday, December 3, 2013

The Posies: You Avoid Parties

I saw these guys perform live in San Francisco a long time ago. It was perfect: the people I went with and I all sat up in the balcony right behind the metal rail in front... a perfect view! It was a small club so we weren't so far back that it was difficult to see the band. 



Perfect for me since I'm not total involvement and full of energy - I'd rather just observe and memorize. 

But the crowd that night was also a bit subdued, at least too subdued for the band's liking. For instance, Jon Auer was shredding a fantastic guitar solo and got little back from the crowd. I saw him act a little frustrated because of this, putting his arms up a bit and gesturing as if to say: "What more can I do?" 

This reading of his gesture was substantiated when after the song, Ken Stringfellow said into his microphone: "Ah, a finger-snapping crowd!" 

It was funny. 


No comments:

Post a Comment