Sunday, January 15, 2012

playoffs - NFC Divisional round - Saints vs. 49ers

excitement, anxiety, exhilaration...

Victory! And considering how awesome a team the Saints are, it's easy to imagine that the 49ers are capable of beating anybody now... what a great feeling!!!

I wrote a little about Alex Smith in a previous post, so I'll just write a little more today. He's still improving! He's consistently making precise passes and playing beyond what I had grown accustomed to seeing from him. It reflects what I've believed for a long time: we all respond differently to different teaching methods, or in this case, coaching methods. We're all human.

Some people do better being belittled and challenged (something I don't understand). For example, I've heard people say that when they're told they can't do something, they push harder to prove their skeptics wrong. Whereas it appears all Alex Smith needed was someone to build him up and believe in him: Coach Jim Harbaugh. Ahhh, that's more like it! Now, it's clear to see all the potential that was waiting to be tapped; Alex is coming through in the clutch. Clutch, I said, CLUTCH!!!

********

Vernon Davis. It's all coming together, I say while rubbing my hands together. Excellent. All the pieces are coming together. He had the game we've all been waiting for, the kind of performance we've all known he is capable of. I've read recently that he's had a difficult time adapting to the new game plans and implementations by the new coaching regime, but that he's been gelling with it over the past month or so. Understanding it. And if that's truly the case, then we can look forward to similar production from here on out. How great would that be? What a difference sophisticated, smart game-planning makes. Imagine what things will be like if it actually carries over from season to season for years to come. For Alex, for Vernon, for the entire offense. Excellent. Bwaaahaaahaaa!!!

********

Now for some commentary about crap. I've read that some fans at Candlestick assaulted some Saints fans at the game. A father and his two daughters. I didn't read the details, but even being just obnoxious towards them is crap. All the action should take place on the field of play, and even then, in a sportsmanlike manner. Given what happened to San Francisco Giants fan Bryan Stowe at Dodger Stadium last year, it'd be nice knowing that civility would be the new rule of conduct, but I guess that's too much to ask of humanity. I understand a similar incident happened to Vancouver Canucks fans at a San Jose Sharks home game too. Simply for wearing their favorite team's jerseys to the rink. Show some class to fans of other teams folks. Rise above it. Geeez.

No comments:

Post a Comment